Question about ladder

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
I just bought a ladder from craigslist. View attachment 54901

2 Questions. #1 it says to put 40lbs of sand in the ladder, is that necessary? #2 It says to cut it to size so it attaches to the top rail of the pool, is that necessary? I didn't do either of those when I had my intex pool. Now I'm planning on getting a 15 foot about ground resin pool (saltwater 5000 pool)

I just bought a ladder from craigslist. View attachment 54901

2 Questions. #1 it says to put 40lbs of sand in the ladder, is that necessary? #2 It says to cut it to size so it attaches to the top rail of the pool, is that necessary? I didn't do either of those when I had my intex pool. Now I'm planning on getting a 15 foot about ground resin pool (saltwater 5000 pool)

I would fill it with water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like the same one I have. I drilled extra holes on the pool side lader so it fills with water like above poster. I did not attach it to top rail, but it does move if you make currents in the water and is wobbly getting in and out.

is it critical to have the platform attached to the top rail? I don't want to drill holes in the rail. Is there another way to secure it? I plan on buying a saltwater 5000 pool
15'x52 Saltwater 5000 Round Pool
The ladder should be securely fastened to the pool to prevent injury.

I use two heavy duty bungie cords to hold mine in place, and fill the inside and outside step rails with water. As long as there is no horsing around on the ladder it stays put no problem.

If you don't want to drill into your top rail I suggest you find some other way to secure the ladder.

The ladder should be securely fastened to the pool to prevent injury.

I use two heavy duty bungie cords to hold mine in place, and fill the inside and outside step rails with water. As long as there is no horsing around on the ladder it stays put no problem.

If you don't want to drill into your top rail I suggest you find some other way to secure the ladder.

what are the bungie cords attached to? are you worried about the water freezing in the winter and cracking the ladder?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.