Wet edge re-plaster

tespo

Oct 8, 2016
Chico, CA
We are about to re-plaster our 18 year old white plaster pool. We will keep the existing teal colored tile and we are leaning towards Luna Quartz in Aruba or Montego or Satin Matrix in Aqua Pearl or Antigua. We are in Chico, CA and would like to warm up the pool to gain more use out of it. My husband and I like bath water temp! We like the idea of the Luna Quartz because it is smooth, but this forum has me nervous about the finish problems. Any suggestions/pictures? Also, any suggestions for a good pool sweep? Ours is a Hayward Navigator Pro in-ground suction cleaner, and it often gets stuck and we have to adjust it all of the time.

Welcome to TFP!

Here is a pool robot that is getting good reviews. I bought one and love it.
First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery

An 8 mil solar cover with one of these rollers, DIY Solar Cover Roller, is the best way to warm up your pool water by 5 or more degrees. A cover on the pool at night will stop most of the evaporative heat loss that occurs overnight.

We have Lina Quartz Aruba in our pool. We were considering Montego until we saw an actual pool with it and saw that is had a greenish hue. Not full blown green but definitely leaning green.

We love the finish. Is it perfect? No. We can see some trowel marks and there is mottling, but we love that about it. There were a few areas they had to come back and fix a bit, but they were small and the end result is very pretty. We love that it's smooth. The plaster people told us that the finish will change over time as the plaster cures.

We also considered Bermuda which is discontinued but the plaster place had some in stock. In the end we choose not to go with it as we thought the pool would get too hot in the summer (we are near Houston). We were told the darker the finish, the more you will notice the color differences. I'll post a picture if you'd like.

We have Lina Quartz Aruba in our pool. We were considering Montego until we saw an actual pool with it and saw that is had a greenish hue. Not full blown green but definitely leaning green.

We love the finish. Is it perfect? No. We can see some trowel marks and there is mottling, but we love that about it. There were a few areas they had to come back and fix a bit, but they were small and the end result is very pretty. We love that it's smooth. The plaster people told us that the finish will change over time as the plaster cures.

We also considered Bermuda which is discontinued but the plaster place had some in stock. In the end we choose not to go with it as we thought the pool would get too hot in the summer (we are near Houston). We were told the darker the finish, the more you will notice the color differences. I'll post a picture if you'd like.

Thank you for the information, this really helps! I would love to see a picture! :D

Thank you so much! Aruba looks perfect to me! We are going to go with this and have them add a little moon dust. Your pictures really helped us to make our decision. I will post pictures of the before and after when they finish. :D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's great! I would love to see the pictures. It was a tough decision for us. I think we looked at 5 or 6 different pools. We made the right choice for us. We love the smoothness and the color is so beautiful. Addingthe moon dust to yours will really make it sparkle!

We have a wet edge luna quartz in St. Maarten. The color is already deep blue and it was installed only 2 weeks ago. The water is still silty from all of the dust still coming out of the finish but we are already happy with it. There are some areas where the color looks a bit uneven, but it does not bother us. Feels smooth to walk on.

Wow! What a difference. Looks beautiful. We're looking to resurface our pool and are considering the luna quartz. I know you probably haven't been in the pool, but were you able to view one before moving forward? My wife is concerned that the luna quartz will be rough on the feet.

We have a wet edge luna quartz in St. Maarten. The color is already deep blue and it was installed only 2 weeks ago. The water is still silty from all of the dust still coming out of the finish but we are already happy with it. There are some areas where the color looks a bit uneven, but it does not bother us. Feels smooth to walk on.
I found this old thread and hoping you’ll see this response. We’re having trouble finding pictures of St Maarten and would love a pic!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.