Just Joining Your Group

Dezzie

Oct 7, 2016
Dennis
Hello everyone I have been a pool owner for 6 years but because of all the flooding we had here in Texas this last year I have developed some interesting problems with my 35,000 gallon liner pool in ground pool that sits atop a hill. The ground around and under the deck and around the pool had all but washed away. I am wanting to do a poured wall pool inside my liner pool. It should be an adventure.:confused:

Thank you I have been reading and dreaming looking at all the awesome DIY talented people and their pools here for several years. I am looking for advise on DIY fiberglass on this site and will start a thread with my project once I get some basic direction. I have talked to a lot of outside people but since they are in the business of selling their products I wanted to get unbiased answers here before I begin. My pool is build on a hill and we had some major flooding issues and the river rose to just about even with the base of our pool earlier this year. I had to use a company to fill in with polymer under the deck to keep from losing my entire pool. So now the task begins to restore. Any suggestions on commercial fiberglass basics? :)

Welcome! Sorry about the flooding.

Not sure what state you're in, but the company I used for our fiberglass pool has an "assisted install" program (see here), where they work with your contractors and perform install of the pool. I used a local pool builder (PB) that uses their product, and the manufacturer are the ones that delivered and performed the install. A plus about this is that the manufacturer can not claim about a bad install as a warranty issue. I would think there are others that have this type of service.

As part of a fiberglass install will be a big pipe (not sure what its called) that goes from the level of the base to the surface. This allows you to pump out the ground water if you need to drain the pool (which is never really recommended with fiberglass unless really needed, since its so light its the water and decking that holds it in place).

That all said, flooding could "in theory" cause a fiberglass pool to float out of its hole. The decking would help hold it into place. But speak to some local fiberglass pool builders, even if you plan on DIY, and mention your concerns and see if they would recommend fiberglass for that site.

Again, welcome.

Thank you Gary, I checked out the company and they were of some help. However they are in Georgia and I live in Texas. I will keep looking now that I know what to ask for in my area. I so do appreciate your suggestions and speaking with someone knowledgeable is very helpful. Thank you and know that I am very happy to be a part of this informative community.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you banditig. Great information to have on hand. I will keep ya'll informed as I progress with pictures and details. I like having the accountability and suggestions from this group!