Pool Water Color - Decisions, Decisions!!!

Oct 8, 2016
Austin, TX
We are building an geometric pool and spa and the time has come for us to pick the color of the plaster. We are using Quartzscapes and had settled on the Bonsai but our PB thinks that may be too green and could cause issues in identifying algae buildup. Also considering Aruba Sky. We like at least a hint of green (aqua, turquoise) rather than the blue water color. I have attached a pic of the color we are trying to get and here is a link to it also: http://www.sothebys.com/content/dam...ordinaryProperties/2013/07/realty_pools_2.jpg

I realize that the color of the water is impacted by a lot of things including the surroundings, how much sun, etc. It's such an important decision and we don't want to get it wrong since we will be looking out at the water from our patio and from the house even when we are not enjoying the pool. Any help in figuring out what plaster would get us closest to the color in the link & pic would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Ideal Pool Color.jpg
    Ideal Pool Color.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 70
Well since you found us (TFP) you will not have any trouble spotting algae no matter what color your plaster is because you will not have any IF you test your own water and keep it balanced!

Look in my signature for the test kit I think is the best bang for the buck as it has more of the regents we use daily.

Here is the corner stone for pool care here at TFP:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

I would love to see the pool as it is now.

Kim:kim:

I am with you... I prefer the Caribbean look. I say get what you want... Kimkats is right. Algae just isn't going to be an issue because you will know your water chemistry!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.