Skimmer drain question & 60 cold enough?

PureLuck

Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
There are two holes in the bottom of the skimmer basket.
What are each of them for? I don't want to screw up this closing. My husband is adamant that we do this today. I am thinking that water at 60 is too warm, and I don't know what the two holes are in the drain... Help? Thank you

Do you have a main drain? If so, it may be part of the same plumbing. It could also be so the skimmer water level is protected. Use the search function on the forum and there are a lot of posts explaining the difference. Do you have shut off valves for skimmer or what is on the suction side? Who has closed pool before?

Well, seeing as how it's a week later. :) I convinced my husband to wait on closing.
Last year we had just bought the house, so pool company did it, and they opened it as well- green green green.. so found this site and decided never again.
I have 2 tubes one for the MD in deep end, and one for the skimmer. Both have shut off independent of the other. I also have a spigot thing at the front of the filter.
Upon trying to get a good pic of the holes in the skimmer, I noticed that only one hole is open, the other is capped off. Guess I only have to lower the water and suck it out then plug it. Then blow the main drain I don't know where to attach the blower/suction to on the filter area.. attached picture14765447139521284609974.jpg

Guess I only have to lower the water and suck it out then plug it. Then blow the main drain I don't know where to attach the blower/suction to on the filter area.. attached picture

You still will have to blow out the lines, unless you add pool anti-freeze in the lines. The MD should be blown out properly as well, including the returns. Winterize the filter and remove all accessories, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.