Bski224

Jan 18, 2016
Long island NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hey guys doing a final swim before closing for season and checked levels and here's what i got.
TC 26!!!
PH 7.8
CYA 60.
I turned off chlorine gen yesterday. Not sure why my chlorine spiked. Pool has been covered with auto cover last 2 weeks basically. Can that have an effect?? This was tested with TF100

Chlorine breakdown from sunlight would be way down with the cover on, so if your SWG continued to run at its usual rate, chlorine levels would be expected to go up during those two weeks with the cover on. I think you're on the right track with your suspicions of what happened.

Do you usually have the pool uncovered during daylight hours, during the warmer part of the swim season?

- - - Updated - - -

The recommendation around here is that it is safe to swim up to SLAM level (which would be 24 for CYA at 60). So you are not significantly above that (within testing error range). I wouldn't worry about it. Letting the chlorine levels drop a bit isn't a bad idea, of course, but that should happen anyway, now that you've turned off the SWG.

Thanks, never really had it covered this long in summer it was open everyday for hours upon hours. Only closed at night. I guess I should turn SWG down. It's set at 80%. Thanks for all input!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.