Overflow??? pipe discharging water when pump is running

Thor2

Oct 7, 2016
QLD, Australia
So I've had this problem for the past week or so where a pipe exciting out on the concrete slab that the sand filter and pump is sitting on is discharging water. This only happens when the pump is running. It takes maybe a minute for the water level to raise and the water to start seeping out on the concrete slab. I'm not entirely sure of the function of the pipe itself. It's not a great deal of water at any given time but over the course of a few hours of pump time a decent puddle will build up.P_20161007_160436.jpg

I've just had a whole heap of palm trees cut down and am putting in a new garden soon. The whole slab was covered in debris and roots and today was the first chance I had to actually cut them away since the leak started. There appears to be a small crack along the concrete slab originating close to the filter and SWG and culminating in said pipe. When the pump turns on I can see small bubbles of air and water seeping through said crack as well. Not sure what the issue is and if I need to get a professional in. I definitely wan't it fixed before the water attracts termites. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

VERY interesting.........you have no idea where that pipe goes to? Was it always cut that low or did it get cut with the cleaning/clearing?

Have you tried putting water INTO that pipe to see where it comes out? maybe dyed water?

What a puzzle.......I will be watching so I can learn with you.

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.