20X40 Vinyl IG Pool Quotes in ND

dw886

Gold Supporter
Sep 19, 2016
ND
Hi-

I've been creeping around here for about a month, basically soaking in information. First off - thanks to everyone for sharing information and techniques - the information available on this site is invaluable for a beginner like myself.

We're in the market for a pool next spring (Winter is moving in on us soon in ND). To make sure that I'm ready, I've started shopping around with various PBs in our area.

I have a few quotes, as well as a few "ballpark" estimates based off of what the builders have been doing this year, but it's so difficult to tell what's "normal" for a vinyl IG pool.

Basically, we'd like to do a rectangular vinyl 20x40 in-ground, with a diving board (yes, I already know how many feel about this, but it's a requirement at the moment). The two detailed quotes that I have range from $58K - $64K (the higher is a cartridge filter, LED lighting, and includes a VS pump). They basically include excavation, pool construction, the plumbing to hook it up, and an auto-cover. They don't include any concrete decking, haul away, haul-in for backfill if needed, automation equipment, electrical service, or gas line work.

Is this even in the right ballpark? Construction in our area has been booming for about 10 years, and we never really hit the real estate issues that impacted other parts of the US. For that reason, most contract work up here is above the norm and goes up more each year...

Sounds really high to me but like you said, region has a lot to do with it. If they all come in within 5k of each other then that must be the going rate and you will need to pay that if you want one. Never hurts to get more quotes though. Good luck!

Sounds high, but prices vary considerably from area to area. I know one independent pool store / pool builder in my area was offering a basic minimal no frills 20x40 vinyl liner pool with 3 ft wide concrete decking, sand filter and 1 speed pump a couple of summers ago (I don't recall if it even had a pool light) for $28,000 price did not include electrical hook up or permit cost.

Ike

p.s. I only know that much because they stuffed a flyer in the bag when I bought a part (skimmer basket?) in their store.

Definitely agree with others, seems high. I got 21x40 pool completely installed electric included, 3 foot of concrete around pool, haul away, safety cover, cleaning equipment, a new patio, and even completely restructured back yard and a 12x20 pool house cheaper than your low estimate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.