Rebar formula

That is an engineering question and is in part determined by your state building code. Some locations in Texas are now requiring a structural signoff on your pool.

The best site for pool engineering is Pool Engineering in Anaheim CA: Pool Engineering, Inc., Structural Design of Swimming Pools and Residential Improvement Structures

Check out their site they might answer the question there or you could email them and see what they will tell you.

Its not a simple answer and is determined by the size and depth of the pool as well as features and surroundings. Soil type is also important.

Yes I'm aware that it's an engineering question but I am doing an owner build in the country on Texas and don't need any permits. I'm trying to figure out how rebar gets bid. I know the Gunite formula and just want to know if anyone knows the rebar formula??

Yes I'm aware that it's an engineering question but I am doing an owner build in the country on Texas and don't need any permits. I'm trying to figure out how rebar gets bid. I know the Gunite formula and just want to know if anyone knows the rebar formula??

So you mean formula as to cost, not as to specs... you were not specific in the first question...

But my guess is that it is simply the cost of the rebar plus the time it takes to put it in... I had quotes from 1100 to 1800 ... for the same work... the guy that did mine for instance was $1100.. and then added two benches for nothing extra... So if you use the engineering calcs and determine how much rebar you need, then you can probably figure out the balance.. the guys work fast.. and usually only takes them a few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.