Draining Pool for Hurricane

May 13, 2016
Savannah, GA
I live on the islands in Savannah and we're heading out tonight because of Matthew so I will not be here to run the waste function on the pump as water levels rise. I am looking to drain the pool to prevent major overflow, but I'm fearful of causing a problem with it "popping". It is a vinyl liner. Been looking online to see how much I can drain before the structural issues become a threat, but so far no luck. Only thing I see is "call a professional", which is obviously not an option at this point. Does anyone know how much I can drain safely?

You should be safe at draining a foot or so of water, also raise your FC up to SLAM level as you will have a lot of organics blown in. If you have some, you might even put some trichlor pucks in a floater.

I'd do the opposite. Make sure it is absolutely full. The last thing you want is ground water popping the pool. Overflow is not an issue for a pool at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.