Cleaner question

Jul 21, 2016
Salina, KS
I am new to all this, so please be easy on my terminology :)

I have a hole on the side of my pool that I use when cleaning. When I use the cleaner that was with the pool (floats on the surface and has two hoses that rest on the pool floor and blow air to stir up debris) I have to turn the sweep valve open and screw in an adapted in that hole that the cleaner connects to. I have to start the booster pump, then it starts to move.

Conversely, when I vacuum the pool, I unscrew that adapter and screw in a hose connection in that same hole. I have to open the vacuum valve, I connect the hose from the vacuum head to this hose connection adapter, I turn on the filter pump, and close some skimmers to get suction and then can vacuum.

That should give you an idea of what I have.

Looking for automatic cleaners. If I understand correctly, Pressure side cleaners would require me to open the sweep valve and turn on the booster pump to use. Suction side cleaners would allow me to not use the booster pump, and use as I use my manual vacuum.

Is this correct? How do the robots work?

Don't buy ANY cleaner expecting it to clean your steps. Some will, some wont. Just assume you will have to brush and then be surprised if your auto-vac does it for you. (one of my robots did, but it was painful to watch it struggle.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.