LifeTime Supporter
Jul 6, 2015
Charter Oak, California
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
How does this combination look for my little pond. Couldn't find a matched set from Pentair with small-ish
(3/4 or 1 HP) 2-speed pump and larger (150 to 200 sqft) filter.

[h=1]Pentair 340204 Stainless Steel Black Dynamo Two-Speed 115-Volt Pool Pump without Cord, 1-Horsepower[/h]
[h=1]Pentair 160355 Clean & Clear RP Fiberglass Reinforced Polypropylene Tank Cartridge Pool Filter, 150 Square Feet, 150 GPM (Residential)[/h]
What sayeth al ya'll?

Couldn't find a matched set from Pentair with small-ish (3/4 or 1 HP) 2-speed pump and larger (150 to 200 sqft) filter.
All the pumps in those combo systems are fairly small so don't get fooled by the label HP. I would go with the larger(est) filter you can get because even the 2 HP pumps that come with them are no bigger than my 1/2 HP IG pump.

This one is a good choice: PNCC0150OP2160

Earlier I was trying for too big a motor now too small a motor. Note to self "HP ratings can be deceiving" either way....
Price is right too. $419.00 from Sunplay/$506.00 from Amazon.
Thanks Mark..

Only head curve can really give you the true "size" of a pump but unfortunately, it is difficult to interpret unless you have some experience doing so.

We appreciate the fact that you, and others, take the time to share your experience with us. Now, our selections can be based on knowledge and not simply a shot in the dark.....Thanks again....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.