Discharging water 125 ft

Sep 4, 2015
Granger
When I backwash or drain my pool now, I need to discharge the water 125 ft. Any suggestions on how to do this? The pool store guy says the blue backwash hose is fine to go that far, however, it only comes in 100ft. My guy who built my pool says 50' max b/c longer strains the pump. The hardware guy says the blue hose will burst and it isn't sturdy enough. I need suggestions.
We were going to build a hardline out of PVC, but the attachment from the filter is for the hose. The hardware guy says it can't be removed b/c it was glued on.

Buy 2 used 75 ft 1.5 inch fire hoses off ebay and screw them together, they typically cost $25-$35 and are often unused and are just out of certification date after spending their entire lives in fire cabinets somewhere. Just watch the connector style, you probably and NH/NST you will also either need to cut an end off one and use a hose barb or invest $10-$15 in a 1.5 inch NPT to NST thread adapter.

You should be able to hard plumb with 1.5" or 2" pvc. Just include a vacuum breaker so that the line can drain when off and a union so that you can check for leaks.

If you can post a close picture of the fitting, we can advise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.