White lithium grease as lube?

I don't know if it is bad or not. But, I do know that rubber o-rings and gaskets should be lubed with silicone lube. I use plumber's grease from Lowes.

100% pure silicone lube (BOSS Lube #820) - https://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-366.aspx?searchEngineName=boss-820-silicone-lubricant&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ShoppingFeed&utm_term=ProductListingAds&utm_content=AllProducts&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=CjwKEAjwydK_BRDK34GenvLB61YSJACZ8da38JseD42keZlGjrX2Z15myt8Z4tTrildmjm-68j3OLhoCL9Hw_wcB

Stay away from silicone lubes that have Teflon in them. The chemicals that form the Teflon in them react with air and moisture over time and become sticky.

Do NOT use the lithium grease in the o-rings as they typically contain mineral oils that will breakdown the rubber. Lithium grease is intended for metallic parts to prevent galling, not to act as a sealant.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.