Intellichem or Acutrol chlorinator?

Welcome to the forum :handwave:

The two most popular systems on the forum are salt water generators aka SWG and a distance second is peristaltic pump systems most commonly called Stenner systems, after the manufacture of the most commonly used pump. In both cases the systems add chlorine aka FC at a predictable rate by run time alone there is no sensor that tells the system when or how much chlorine to add. I believe the two systems you mentioned use pumps like the Stenner but instead of time alone they use sensors called OPR to determine the dosage. From the posts I have seen OPR sensors are not all that reliable.

A condo might be a unique situation your local government may view it as a public pool and as such might have certain requirements that have to be adhered to. I would not buy anything until you check with the city or county on what you can do.

Welcome to the forum :handwave:

The two most popular systems on the forum are salt water generators aka SWG and a distance second is peristaltic pump systems most commonly called Stenner systems, after the manufacture of the most commonly used pump. In both cases the systems add chlorine aka FC at a predictable rate by run time alone there is no sensor that tells the system when or how much chlorine to add. I believe the two systems you mentioned use pumps like the Stenner but instead of time alone they use sensors called OPR to determine the dosage. From the posts I have seen OPR sensors are not all that reliable.

A condo might be a unique situation your local government may view it as a public pool and as such might have certain requirements that have to be adhered to. I would not buy anything until you check with the city or county on what you can do.

The County was the one who recommended the automatic chlorinators. The ones I referenced both have sensors so they can automatically adjust the amount of chlorine needed. I just needed to know which one of those would be best. One is commercial, one residential. And I wanted to know how long I could expect them to last.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.