Hurricane coming

simonoaks

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2015
Juno Beach , Florida
Hi,

I live in West Palm BEach Fl, and it seems a large hurricane is coming, or at least a very big storm. Might lose my pool screen, but hopefully not.

Anyway, is there anything I should do to my perfectly balanced pool, before the storm comes?

Is the pool water drinkable?

Always keep it at:

FC 5-6
TA 80
CYA 80
PH 7.5

Guess it will be a mess after the storm. Even though it is SWG, I always have about 12 gallons of bleach on hand.

thx

No, the CYA makes it unsuitable for drinking. Fine for flushing toilets or bathing though.

Probably not much you can do chemically. If you are at risk for flooding, you might want to remove your pump, SWCG etc. and place them out of reach of the water.

It's important that your pool is full. This helps keep ground water from raising the shell.

I'd be more worried about FC at SLAM level that a bit of CYA over a short period of time for potable water. HOPEFULLY you have some bottled water on hand. Always a good plan any way. Still plenty of time to fill empty containers with tap water if stores are out in your area. Unfortunately though, you'll have more than enough water falling from the sky you can use a few drops of that bleach on for drinking water too.

Thanks for the advice. Ok on supplies - I always keep 14 flats of water bottles, food, 4 full propane gas canisters, and 10 gallons of bleach, at all times. So I did not need to do any panic buying. Metal storm shutters are all up - that took 2 days!

Will turn off pump now and add some bleach.

my biggest concern is my pool screen, but I have no control over that, so no point in worrying.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.