Adding heater to AGP system

Laenini

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2008
Brooklyn Park, MN
We are having our pool heater installed this next week and a question has come up. Right now our filter system is just hooked up with the flexible hose that came with the pool set-up. A plumber I talked to about doing this work for us said that we now need to switch everything over to PVC pipe in order to add the heater. Is that so? I hate to see this turn into any bigger of a project than it has to be. Its a Hayward H-100 natural gas heater.

at least from your filter to the heater and then back to the pool...the skimmer line can stay flexible, but at that point I would change it all.....diy hard pipping is less than $100

We replaced the flexible corrugated hoses as quickly as possible on the advice of our installer. He had seen too many of those split within one season because many are just barely sufficient to handle the pressure of the water and the weathering that they get. The ones that came with both my pump and the solar panels were more like vacuum cleaner hoses than real pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.