Diving in on a new pool build in the Central Valley of California

question anyone has any experience with decko drains? Our PB is installing one, see the pink line. It runs the length of the pool from edge to edge of the concerete but is not attached to any drains. Should we connect this to a drain or let it run off?

At my old house we had Deck-o-drains where new pool decking met existing patio. Pool builder left each side open to drain into existing grass. After a very short time I realized I didn't like the pooling of water on my grass so inextended my underground drainage pipes to the deck-o-drain then "T" up a grate that would collect the drain water. Kids splashing caused some water, but the real issue was rain or washing the patios.

I live just south of you (Hanford) and just completed my second pool build. Your design looks great, it is very similar in design, shape and volume to my first pool. We had French Grey plaster, loved the look and how it didn't model nearly as much as the darker Tahoe Blue. Our issue, and why we didn't do it again, was the pool became unswimable in July for a couple weeks due to heat. Our water would routinely exceed 90*, occasionally as hot as 94*. I had to run my waterfall and fountains non-stop all night to have a fighting chance of keeping it under 99*. Our pool had sun from about 10am till 6pm in the peak summer.

So, fwiw, just take that into consideration.

Our new pool, slightly larger volume because it's geometrical and not Free form, stayed right around 84*-87* through the summer with 100% sun from rise to set. It's much more comfortable for us.

Hey Clubhouse, I’m in Visalia and we are planned for plaster next week. We are set on Tahoe Isle as of now. How deep was your last pool that got so warm? Ours is 32 X 23 and slopes from 3.5’ to 7’. Thanks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.