Pool closing-skimmer gizmo

Aug 9, 2015
macomb twp
So i had a company close my pool. I went out there after a week and the skimmer gizmo plastic thing was floating in the skimmer. It has rained since then and the skimmer is full of water now. I called the well know company and he said just screw the gizmo back in. I said but its full of water now. He says" i put antifreeze in the line and it will be ok." Is this ok? Should i vacuum the skimmer line out and put more antifreeze back in then put the skimmer gizmo back in? Advice please, im a new pool owner

PoolGuy, what do you mean by a "Flooded Gizmo"?

Additionally, if this was my pool, the Gizmo was not installed properly after blowing the lines, I would call the company back to do this again. You paid for a service and the company should stand by the work they do. Depending on the skimmer line(s), water could have been introduced back to the other line (if you have one) and possibly back to the pump basket, etc. Please inspect everything.

Personally, I broke the "air lock" in my main drain and water came back up within seconds to the pump basket. Everything else was closed, so blowing out the main drain again was no big deal. This shows that water can come back in the lines pretty quickly.

So i got a shop vac and sucked out the water in the skimmer and the skimmer line. An antifreeze water mix came out at first. Then i started to see heavy heavy antifreeze coming out. So i stopped the vacuum and dumped more antifreeze in and put the skimmer gizmo back in. Will this process be ok?

You should be fine with what you did? Please check the pump basket to see if there is any water in there.

Next year, scrap the pool guys and close the pool yourself. Send me pictures from all different angles of your equipment and describe the returns, main drain and skimmer set up. I will be glad to help you close your own pool and save some money.

brtims:

The skimmer Gizmo was probably never installed properly and left out. I do not know any way this can come out. The fit is very tight.

My guess is that he forgot to install it. Blew the lines out, put antifreeze in thenm and never installed the gizmo. I screwed it in tight so i know there is no way it could just come out. These guys are all in a hurry, that is the problem

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.