Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
There appears to be a leak in my 11 mos old pool. We lost 1/4 inch of water in 20 hours. Not happy.

Can anyone give me an idea of what we will go through in getting this fixed? I'm assuming that it will be covered by the pool builder, but I'm concerned that pool builder will complain that we haven't been having our water tested by him, primarily because his store is 1 hour from us. We have a K-2006, but we have also been testing about once every 2-4 weeks at a closer store.

We haven't been able to figure out where the leak is, but I think it might be at the light.

Thanks.

I'll tell you a 1/4" in one day is not that much...It has warmed up...you sure it's not just evaporation/splashout?

Try the bucket test...keep everyone out of the pool for 24hrs...note your pool water level and then fill a 5 gal bucket with 4.5 gals of water and mark the water level on the bucket...leave it next to the pool...come back in 24 hrs and see if they held the same amount of water

Thanks, I will try the bucket test before calling pool guy. Don't want the embarrassment or the expense if it is just evaporation.

I'm thinking it is likely that there is a leak though because there was no one in the pool during this time so it wasn't splash out and it was covered with the solar cover for about 14 hours of the 20.

Yep. Leak it is. Bucket went down 1/4 inch, pool down 3/4 inch.

Anyone know what the "average" guarantee is on a new pool. I should know what it is for my pool, but I don't.

Many builders warranty the work for 1 year, those with confidence in their product will carry it to 5 years. I'd definitely talk to the PB and see what they'll do for you :)

Do you have a multiport and is it leaking out the 'waste' line? Give the leak detection article that reebok linked a read (reebok, how much do I owe you for pumping that article :p )

I did read the article. I didn't find anything with the food coloring test. I've checked all of the above ground pipes and nothing has water around it.

I'm sorry, I don't know what a multiport is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.