Dallas, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Just moved to a new house with a pool, and trying to get a handle on it. There was enough evidence that it was a chlorine pool that I went ahead and bought the tabs and the shock. Coming from a saltwater pool with the Hayward system, I was shocked at how much money in chemicals this thing required each week (5 3" tabs, and 3 bags of shock each week for a 25k pool).

So when I finally got a chance to go over and look at the pool equipment, I look down next to the pump and see what looks like a salt cell, with the little dongle that shows flow, and has you run program A or B, etc. Opening the panel, I see what looks like a regular Aqualink setup though, no screen to give salt readings, trouble codes or output of any kind.

We had the water tested for salt and there is none, but I'd really like to get it up and going with salt again. I just don't know where to start. The Hayward screen was a bit cryptic, but at least I could tell when it didn't like the amount of salt it had, or if it was even generating at all. I'm not sure where to start with this?

So I have this tradition at work too, that once I finally break down and ask the question, I end up finding out the answer for myself.

Apparently it talks through the little handheld controller. The batteries had been dead since we moved in, and hadn't bothered to change them since I don't really care for it, and didn't care for it at my last house (mostly because the batteries are always dead). Really would have rather had a hardwired wall controller. Anyway, finally changed the batteries and it started up and told me that the salt was low, so that apparently answers my question.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.