Old S240 Sand filter needs replacement

Apr 29, 2012
Pensacola, Fl
I need to replace my Hayward S240 Sand filter with a side mount type sand filter. My flow rate is 63gpm now. I have 33,000 gallon pool, and variable speed pump. The Hayward S200 looks too small. Are their any suggestions in this forum for me?

Maybe an S244S will do the trick. Wish They still made the S240s

The larger the better when it comes to filters. With your size pool, I'd try to go with at 27 inch or even larger filter. If you want to go with a side mount MPV set up, which I think are more reliable and easier to work with, I wouldn't even hesitate to go with the S310S. The S244S will probably be fine if you want to stick with that size though. It's really a matter of 300 lbs of sand versus 500 pounds of sand for filtration. It's too bad they don't make a 27" Side mount...

The Pentair TR-60 is another option. TR-100 might be more filter size than you want, but more is always better! The other question is will a larger filter fit on your pad?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.