Safety Cover Holes/Warranty

Jun 26, 2016
Mattituck, NY
Hello all. I have a six year old Merlin mesh safety cover over 18 x 36 gunite pool, purchased when pool was built in 2010, which was installed upon closing the pool last week. I noticed it has a fair number of holes (7 or 8) -- none very large, ranging from +/- 0.5 inch circle to a 2 inch tear (there may be more, this is what is visible from the deck). While in terms of age the cover is still under warranty, the documentation is not very clear as to what the warranty covers, and I see lots of places selling patch kits for these covers, which leads me to think perhaps small holes are not a warranty item. So, my question is has anyone had any experience trying to invoke the warranty and, if so, what if anything was covered? Should I just repair the holes next spring and forget about it? Likely it is not worth removing the cover now, although I don't want another year to go by if there is some diminishing warranty value. For whatever it is worth, given that this is a simple rectangle, a replacement cover is not "that expensive" (roughly $800-1000 on line). Thanks very much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.