mesh safety cover

rlefig

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2013
Reading, MA
Good day, its time to close the pool up here in Massachusetts and we need a new cover. So I am thinking of graduating from the good old tarp and water bags to a nice safety cover. Our pool is an old free form gunite and I am submitting 4 requests for quotes with all the measurements and all.

Any other recommendations?

Any vendors that folks use often?

thanks

Rob

It is a sad time of year

You basically have to shop around to see who will give you a fair price. The only concern is that you really never know the actual quality of what the material is made of. The warranties are easy to figure out, etc. I have a solid tarp (does not look pretty), but very inexpensive.

Try PoolCenter. I bought my custom Merlin SmartMesh cover from them for like $1500. I remember they gave me quite a few quotes for different covers they sold (Merlin, HPI, GLI, Loop-Loc) and their prices were WAY better than anyone else. I really like my Merlin cover and recommend it and PoolCenter. The only down side is you will have to do a diagram and measure like 200 points on your pool to get a custom cover. I did this and it took me a good couple of hours but it was worth it because of the money I saved and the quality of the cover I received. Plus they designed it so it connected to the anchors I was already using from my last safety cover.

Only issue is you may have waited a bit later than you should have. It will take a while to get the cover quoted and manufactured to your specs. You may need an interim solution until you get your new cover.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah - online is the way to go. The local guys wanted twice as much. I guess it costs a lot to take measurements and install a cover once.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.