Indoor salt water pool, getting it balanced - crazy high salt levels

If nothing is growing and the swimmer load is low in my indoor pool I loose about 1/2 ppm FC per day when the water is at swim temperature so expect it to take a good while to drop down from your current FC if you don't add hydrogen peroxide or sodium thiosulfate chlorine reducer.

I figured the same. Very low consumption. I will check again tonight. The owner is having at least 1/2 the water dumped, and refilled to lower the salt level. Hopefully in the next couple of days, so I don't want to adjust too much more now and just be throwing it out...

You know what I meant to ask too - what the heck is up with the pool store water test results?

Here's an example:

My FC reading: 20, pool store: 7.

My salt reading: 8000, pool store: 5500.

What the heck? I trust my TF100 fully. And I know I've read that pool store testing methods can be suspect, but THAT far off?

You know what I meant to ask too - what the heck is up with the pool store water test results?

Here's an example:

My FC reading: 20, pool store: 7.

My salt reading: 8000, pool store: 5500.

What the heck? I trust my TF100 fully. And I know I've read that pool store testing methods can be suspect, but THAT far off?

It may just be my cynical nature, but the pool $tore punches my account into their computer before starting the tests. I can't help but wonder if they look for recent test data before recording super-sloppy testing results.

"eh, he had 60 CYA 3 weeks ago. let's call it 66 now..."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.