Remove diving board

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
I was wondering if its good practice to remove the diving board for winter? If so, do you also remove the base each time? I currently have mine removed as its new to me and wanted to check for any damage on the underside of the board and inside the base. I coated the bolts with a heavy amount of water proof grease since they are totally exposed but would this be a good idea to do every winter or should I leave the base attached? Will the base fill with water and cause the bolts to rust even more if not removed?

If you are able to remove the diving board for the winter, I would do so. Less likely for the diving board to get corrosion or more weather wear. I would remove it at the base if possible and store in a covered, dry place. Mine stays in place mostly because when I took over the pool, it was badly rusted in place. I have a feeling that if I tried to remove it, I'd be creating a new project of remounting the diving board to the deck... which I may do next spring anyway.

So you think removing the base is good practice? I have read mixed reviews but no one has proven either way is better. I also need to figure out how to coat the base bolts when the base is installed to help prevent them from rusting again. I may make some caps out of PVC and fill them with grease and install over the bolts. I could do this when the base is installed and when its removed for winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.