Diving Board Bolts

Mar 15, 2016
Easley, SC
Hello, I just removed my diving board as I have no idea how old it is or how well / or not it has been serviced. I was happy to see that its structurally sound. The bolts that hold the base to the concrete have surface rust but no pitting. The nuts and washers are badly rusted. Also the bolts that hold the board to the base were very rusted and badly pitted. I had to destroy the plastic caps that are on top of the board as the bolt would spin in place. What is my best option at this point? Buy new washers and nuts for the base bolts and piece together a kit for the board to base bolts? Any idea where to buy the plastic caps that keep the bolts from spinning on the board? What can I do to prevent the base bolts from rusting again? I used a wire brush to clean the surface rust and put a heavy coat of water proof grease since they are now exposed to the weather since its all taken apart. What grade nuts and washers should I buy for the base bolts and for the board bolts?

You can buy mounting kits with the caps and bolts for many boards.

Here's one for many S.R. Smith boards Amazon.com : S.R.Smith 67-209-911-SS Residential Diving Board Mounting Kit, White : Swimming Pool Diving Boards : Patio, Lawn Garden

A product called Fluid Film is what I use on the exposed threads of my stand. I use it on a ton of stuff that gets wet, is prone to rust, but can't be painted. It's a lanolin based spray that acts a lubricant, water displacer and corrosion blocker. You can get it at Lowe's.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.