Saltwater Chlorine Generator - more recommendations

Jun 7, 2009
Another question for those using saltwater chlorine generators ...

We have an Intex 18' round. I am considering adding a saltwater system this season. In addition, I am considering upgrading the existing pump/filter. Which saltwater system do you recommend?

I have been researching the Chlorease system as well as the Intex system. Both are comparably priced at about $150. Can I use the Intex system with a larger pump than they are normally sold with? Can I use the Chlorease system with a soft sided pool?

Any help you can provide is appreciated!

I've done quite a bit of research as well.

I went with the Intex. I've seen quite a number of reviews about the Chlorease being difficult to take apart to clean (in addition to some other comments). The intex seems to be a bit more "self cleaning" by design AND since I plan to "hard PVC" my lines, I thought the overall SWG, Filter, Pump and water lines would look like a much cleaner / professional install with the Intex. (In my opinion).

Good move. I've had both, and the Intex is by far a better unit, which sure ain't saying much about the Chlorease. I'm using the Intex with my 1 HP 2 speed pump and cart filter, and haven't had a problem whatsoever.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.