Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Good Morning TFP,

I have a mesh safety cover, a 70 year old silver maple and a yard surrounded by arbovitea. Every fall, my mesh cover/pool gets abused by the leaves and fall 'mess'. I am considering buying a 40'x20' tarp this year to get me through fall (remove mid december) so that it minimizes the amount of leaves and debris on/in the pool. Any thoughts on this? Am I wasting my time? Am I defeating any purposes unknown to me?

Thank you, as always, for your input

I have the same problem, I bought a cheap black and decker leaf blower and just keep it ready to go in my pool box next to the pool. I makes it easy to grab it, blow off the leaves and stick in back in the box. It stays there until all the trees are bare.

I'm not sure why the leaves would be a problem. They just blow off of mine. The only time anything stays on my cover is if the pool gets too full and the cover touches the water.

The only year I ever opened to a crystal clear pool was the year I put a tarp over my mesh cover. Yes it is a pain to pump off the water but I am going to do it again this year because the leaves break down on top of the cover and you open to a not so clear and clean pool, at least in my case. I would say go for it.

I'm pretty well baffled by people having leaf problems or needing to clean their cover. Mine is always spotless. It's flat as a table and dry as a bone except when it's raining or has snow on it, and everything blows off when it is dry. I live in the country and have leaves blowing over the cover all winter, but I just fold it up in the spring when it is dry and put it in the bag. No cleaning required.

My pool is surrounded by trees tons of them, a lot of them don't drop their leaves until November so even when I blew the leaves off pieces off them go through the mess cover and then there is a lot of clean up come opening time. When we have a storm blow through when the pool is open it is not uncommon to have hundreds of leaves in the pool after a storm it is a blast, if I had it to do all over again I would have paid for the electric cover

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.