Haslet Texas just signed contract

Tdk

Oct 2, 2016
Haslet,tx
Just moved back home to Texas after 11 years. We have built 3 pools hopefully this is our last. It's definitely our most expensive. We have had a play pool with pebble tec, a diving pool with a plaster, and lastly a play pool with spa and small water fall with some sort of quartz in plaster. This time we are going all out. Diving pool with spa and water fall with small grotto. We went with company out of Keller tx. They should start permit process this week and do dig test. Here is alittle info about bid.

Size 39 x 27
30,859 gallons
2 skimmers
400,000 gas heater
6 ' diving board
3 led lights in pool, 1 in spa
Omni Logic automation
2 hp 2 speed pump Tristar pump 525 ft2 cartridge filter
8.1 x 6.5 spa
Single speed pump for water fall grotto
Wet edge tier 3 midnight ocean
Aquarite salt system includes coping seal upgrade
Flagstone coping

Smaller tiles will be in spa

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpg
    IMG_2329.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2326.jpg
    IMG_2326.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 179
NICE picks for the tile............love the design!

Your THIRD pool build :shock: Some people almost don't make it through ONE! LOL

It is going to be interesting to see how this build goes compared to the others. I am going to guess that you just found TFP. We have some different ideas about how to do things-starting up plaster being one of them.

Have you read this:

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

This is how we keep our water. It is science bases as well as daily tested in thousands of pools.

I would love to see a pic of the real yard the pool is going in.

:kim:

Woo Hoo! Back home to Texas - I love it! Your 4th pool - how awesome is that! It sounds like ya'll know just what you want this time 'round. Your material choices are gorgeous - such rich colors! Your pool design is beautiful - graceful with something for everyone. What are the depths for your pool? How many returns? I don't know much about waterfall grottos - would you want to be able to control the water flow and can you? You mentioned hoping this is your last pool, so you plan to grow old with it? If so, do you want to consider more entry steps with about 6" risers making it easier to get in and out? I have them and everyone (young and old) love them. You've got plenty of room and the perfect spot that won't eat up pool area. See my build thread for one way to do them.

Welcome to TFP :wave: and welcome back home to Texas!

They dont lie when they say "everything is bigger in texas". You guys make our south florida pools look like kiddie pools!

This is your 3rd pool so you surely have experience, but do you have any children? I love your design, but the raised spa in front of the pool (blocking some of the pool view from your patio and home) has come up as potential concerns from other pool owners. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Thank you for all the welcomes. I'm so glad I found this sight seems very helpful. I think the depth was 3.5 , 5 , 9.
My husband took the contract to work with him so don't have all the specifics now. I will get some pictures of the yard, our home is on a half acre a lot so lots of room. We have a 20 year old son so just the 3 of us while he is going to school still living at home. It's funny somebody mentioned the spa being in front not towards the back, we were looking at google earth and most of the pools in our neighborhood spa have spa away from the house. We use our spa all the time all year round so walking to it in winter is cold but also we have a tv on our porch so we were thinking we could see from spa if we
were so inclined to :). I think the spa will only be about 18" higher.

I'm back for an update now that I've taken the time to figure out the picture thing on this site...lol. Thing are good lots of progress even when 3 days straight of rain with nothing done. Let's see if link works, if not I will try something else haha. I picked in order but doesn't look like drop box has order of date.

Dropbox - Swimming pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks great! We are in Haslet as well and currently under construction with a pool too! We just put in gunite yesterday and putting tile in. Based on the pictures, looks like your builder was Bailee:) that was our builder.

I saw pictures! LOTS of pictures! From the look of it you have gunite! When will you get plaster?

Kim:kim:
They are coming Monday to paint decking layout to confirm all good with us so they will get started this week. Plaster is afer decking is all done so not sure how long that will take since that includes fixing sprinklers lines back there. Inspector for the electric was to come last Friday but didn't make it so that is supposed to happen tomorrow as well.

Looks great! We are in Haslet as well and currently under construction with a pool too! We just put in gunite yesterday and putting tile in. Based on the pictures, looks like your builder was Bailee:) that was our builder.

Oh what a small world. Yes home builder was Bailee, we just bought earlier this year. We love it :). That's nice getting the pool done same time as house so your not living there the same time the yard is a mess especially if you have dogs as we do.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.