Silver Supporter
May 1, 2016
Hopkinton, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
It is just 73% calcium hypochlorite granules with a deceptive label. It is no better than the bags of cal hypo you get at any pool store. In fact, they sell the exact same 73% cal-hypo in 1 pound bags for around $3.87 a pound, whereas the 1lb jugs of "instant liquid chlorine" are about $9.00 a pound. If you use this product you will be adding calcium to your pool and will need to keep an eye on calcium levels. Like CYA, if calcium gets to high you have to drain and refill to get rid of it. It does not evaporate away.

Amazon.com : In The Swim Super Pool Shock 24 x 1 lb. bags : Swimming Pool Chlorine : Patio, Lawn Garden

If you want to stop lugging jugs of chlorine around, you may want to look into getting a Stenner pump to automate liquid chlorine use, or consider a SWG.

- - - Updated - - -

When something looks too good to be true, read the labels, it probably is, especially when it comes to pool care. The "Instant Liquid Chlorine" is just 73% calcium hypochlorite granules with a deceptive label. It is no better than the bags of cal hypo you get at any pool store. In fact, they sell the exact same 73% cal-hypo in 1 pound bags for around $3.87 a pound, whereas the 1lb jugs of "instant liquid chlorine" are about $9.00 a pound. If you use this product you will be adding calcium to your pool and will need to keep an eye on calcium levels. Like CYA, if calcium gets to high you have to drain and refill to get rid of it. It does not evaporate away.

Amazon.com : In The Swim Super Pool Shock 24 x 1 lb. bags : Swimming Pool Chlorine : Patio, Lawn Garden

If you want to stop lugging jugs of chlorine around, you may want to look into getting a Stenner pump to automate liquid chlorine use, or consider a SWG.

I laughed so hard the first time I saw that in their catalogue. I wish I could meet the person who came up with that scam, both to shake their hand and smack them for a fairly brilliant way to rip people off.

By their logic literally any form of chlorine is "instant liquid chlorine" because as soon as you add it to the water it becomes liquid.

Oh I get the fact that it is granules. I just thought that it was only chlorine.. not calcium. I usually read through everything- must've missed the calcium part.
Thanks so much!
We had a swg, but when we bought the house the swg was not working at all. Pool store told us it would be at least $2,000 for a new system. May have to look into a swg for next year. We haven't found any place in Massachusetts that sells bulk chlorine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.