No bubbles out of one return

RussellC

Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
Austin, TX
I have an attached/raised spa. It has 4 returns in a semicircle on one side and only one return on the other where to waterfall is. The lone return is much lower flow and also no bubbles come on when I turn the blower on. Is this how it's supposed to act? It's a new pool to me and I just replaced the blower. Thanks for the help.

If that return is linked to the waterfall, it may be designed not to have bubbles/aeration as you don't really want bubbles going through the waterfall. Can you determine if the waterfall is on it's own return, not in the loop with the blower and if perhaps that one return is as well?

Sorry, maybe I made it sounds like it was linked to the waterfall. I just meant that is is over on the side with the spillover. It's really weird, maybe that lone return is plumbed with the pool somehow and not the spa...no idea why it would flow water but not air when I turn the blower on. That return is very much about the same flow as the pool returns whereas the other returns in the spa have a much higher flow rate.

OK, yeah. you might be right. Trying to figure out how to test that. if I set my pool to spa only no water should come out of then, right? but it does. Trying to think about how my plumbing is set up and how it would let that happen. hmmm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.