first time closing a pool

rjr71

May 9, 2013
Chicago Il
This is my first time closing a pool for the winter. I added all the closing chemicals. dropped about 3-4 in below skimmer. put air pillow in and put cover on. just wondering if it looks okay. It seems that most pics i see of other peoples doesnt seem that the cover sits so low in the pool

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 49
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 46
Those pics are hard to look at being sideways. I am new to most of this but I am pretty sure you need more pillows in there with the cover pulled tighter. From what I have read the cover shouldn't be in contact with the water. I am closing mine today myself. Last year I used one pillow on an 18' pool. This year I am adding another so I will have 2 4x4' pillows. I use chlorine bottles filled with water and rv antifreeze to weight down the cover all the way around (tied to the cover). I am also going to add a leaf net this year so I can keep the leaves removed until they all fall. It was nasty this spring and almost ruined my cover. Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.