LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2014
Highland Village, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Over the last week I have noticed a drastic change in my chlorine daily demand from 32oz of 8.75% to 97oz per day. The CYA has been a constant 50ppm. I have been checking and recording daily for the past three years and have no record of this drastic change occuring before. The water temp has dropped only 3 degrees in the last week. I have cleaned my cartridge filters in the last week. I have increased my pump rpm from 1500 to 2000 in the last week. My pump runs 24/7 and has for several years. One other change has been that the waterfall is now running 24/7.
Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Chlorine is lost from your pool either by UV from the sun or living organics in your pool........nothing else.

Since your UV loss is stable and actually decreasing a bit as the sun gets lower, the inescapable conclusion is you have invisible algae and need to SLAM your pool.

Thanks for the information. I will slam after a couple of days of monitoring to see if it will stabilize. The water is perfectly clear and we do have a lot of leaf drop at the present.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.