High Point, N.C.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
We had a lot of rain week before last and an algae bloom started late last week. My FC was like 2. My CYA was 55. I got my PH to 7.5 with acid and began to slam (by the book). It was slow getting my CYA up during the summer so I decided to slam with Trichlor initially. I got my FC up to 26 and kept it there during the slam with bleach. I swept the entire pool each day. On Sunday morning the OCLT revealed an overnight drop of 1 ppm FC to 24 and a CC of 0.5. The pool was clear except for a little cloudiness. I was done. I left the SWG off and on Wednesday checked and the FC was 19. I checked the CYA and it was up to 80. I just checked the FC this morning and it's only down to 15. What's going on here? I've never had FC stick around like this, of course I never had CYA that high...usually sub-optimal. Is something wrong or should I just wait with SWG off?

PH=7.5
FC=15
TA=60
CYA=80

Thanks!

Not directly related to your question but...
You said "The pool was clear except for a little cloudiness. I was done."
Actually, you aren't done with the SLAM yet. No cloudiness, at all, is one of the three criteria for completion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.