Suggestions needed

cav5312

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
Upstate New York
I recently installed a 24' round AGP. Since all the sod has been removed from around the pool area, it can get pretty muddy around the pool, especially during rain stoms. Since I don't yet have a deck, what suggestions can you offer for the area outside of the pool. Decorative stones of some sort?

Just HOW temporary will it be? If you want the money to go into the deck, gravel/pea rock mixture works well. We had our bigger pool up only one season and then put the deck on the next spring. We wanted to put $ into the deck and real landscaping, not the temp so thats what we did. Landscaping fabric underneath and the mixture on top - no mud, drains well and will still be good under the deck when that goes up. We put potted plants around that year and it looked just fine.

Most of my efforts will be focused on a deck with a firepit area next spring. But for the remainder of this season, I was considering river stones all around. I need something there, cause it just looks yucky. Since I'm new at this pool stuff and really not creative decorating-wise, I figured I could get some suggestions here. :)

ground cover...

Try just round 3/4 pea gravel, it's cheaper than river rock, and looks nice - word of advice, put ground cover down, even after your deck is built you could get grass etc growing at the edges which is something you probably want to avoid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.