Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestions needed

1. Back To Top    #1

Suggestions needed

I recently installed a 24' round AGP. Since all the sod has been removed from around the pool area, it can get pretty muddy around the pool, especially during rain stoms. Since I don't yet have a deck, what suggestions can you offer for the area outside of the pool. Decorative stones of some sort?
    Chella
    Upstate New York
    24' Above Ground Pool
    Sand Filter, 2 HP pump
    BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2
    I guess your choices will solely rely on your budget. Will it be temporary until you build a deck? I have seen several pools with pavers on the surround, pea-gravel, concrete. You have a lot to choose from.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3
    Just HOW temporary will it be? If you want the money to go into the deck, gravel/pea rock mixture works well. We had our bigger pool up only one season and then put the deck on the next spring. We wanted to put $ into the deck and real landscaping, not the temp so thats what we did. Landscaping fabric underneath and the mixture on top - no mud, drains well and will still be good under the deck when that goes up. We put potted plants around that year and it looked just fine.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Most of my efforts will be focused on a deck with a firepit area next spring. But for the remainder of this season, I was considering river stones all around. I need something there, cause it just looks yucky. Since I'm new at this pool stuff and really not creative decorating-wise, I figured I could get some suggestions here.
    Chella
    Upstate New York
    24' Above Ground Pool
    Sand Filter, 2 HP pump
    BBB method

5. Back To Top    #5

River Rock works great and reasonably priced. It also will be easier to relocate and use elsewhere after you add your deck later.
    24'x54" Sharkline Matrix by Wilbar International, 15,200 gallons (2015)
    Jacuzzi 75 sq ft Cartridge Filter 1 hp two speed pump
    Solar Heat with Goldline GL-235 Controller
    Intex Krystal Clear Model 28669 SWG
    TF100, SampleSizer, and Speed Stir

6. Back To Top    #6

ground cover...

Try just round 3/4 pea gravel, it's cheaper than river rock, and looks nice - word of advice, put ground cover down, even after your deck is built you could get grass etc growing at the edges which is something you probably want to avoid.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Thank you for your suggestions ! I appreciate it! I think I'm going to go with small river rocks.
    Chella
    Upstate New York
    24' Above Ground Pool
    Sand Filter, 2 HP pump
    BBB method