First-timer from Odessa TX

Oct 1, 2016
Odessa/TX
Hello, my husband and I are new home owners and new pool owners and new to Texas! We're in W TX - Odessa. The property is old and so I'm missing a number of details on the pool in my 'signature' simply because I have no idea where I would find this information. Any and all help is appreciated! A lot of stuff was left by the previous owners so my first project is to clean up the pool deck and shed and see what I've been left. Will definitely need help with both general pool care as well as how to get rid of algae! Glad to be a part of this online community!

Welcome to TFP, MrsEckel :) Happy to have ya here. If you can take a picture and post it here of your pool and equipment we might be able to tell you more about what you have.

Also, can you tell us the names of any and all chemicals the previous owner left you? This can help us get you on the right track.

You are going to need a GOOD test kit (there are only two we recommend) The TF-100 and the Taylor K-2006C. Both available from TFTestkits.net or PoolSupplyWorld.com . I'd suggest the TF-100 XL if you have algae that you need to slay.... more reagents, better bang for your buck.

Get us the above info, and current test results when you get your own test kit and we can take off.... :super:

Yip :flower: