Liquid Chlorine and Pool Store Experience

Jul 6, 2016
Memphis, TN
Ran into the pool store this morning just to look around and kill some time while the wife was shopping. Asked the guy working there if they had liquid chlorine but I already knew the answer. I kinda like just hearing what they have to say about it now that I've found multiple sources in my area now.

He said, "no the only place around here that sells it is yada, yada, yada". I said, well I just bought some at Wal Mart and he looked at me like I had two heads and said, "well I don't know how they're able to sell it like that, that stuff has a shelf life of just a few days". I said, no pretty sure its at least a couple of months and we proceeded to argue about it.

Then I blew his mind saying you could just bleach as it was the same thing just a few percent weaker. He looked at me like I was nuts and said 'no sir" and I said "have a nice day" as I left the store.

He would have the same stories if you showed him the active ingredients on a jug of pool shock and a jug of bleach. The store only wants you to buy pucks, because they have magic UV inhibitors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.