I need ideas on replacing pool pump on 5000G AGP

20GT

May 24, 2011
Orlando, Florida
we have a sandPro 50 on our intex 5000 gallon above ground pool
61BZ-FHtKrL._SX355_.jpg

our pool motor gave out. we used to be able to spin the end <2> of it and it would start again but now it's completely given up the ghost.
has anyone removed a SandPRO 50 or 75 pump from the motor<1>? is it just a shaft that the motor turns?
can I attach a pulley and another motor?

14449843_10210527561044566_3546479474288820186_n.jpg

Looks like you can buy replacement pumps for them. I was curious because I just purchased a Game 75D and installed it a week ago. How long did you have the pump before it went out? How much did you run it? Thanks for any info?

Yes I could buy a replacement pump but it's as expensive as buying a new unit when all is said and done.

I've had it for over a year and a half. It's a good unit.

I was hoping to find someone that's pump fanatic in do it yourself style.

I'll break it down and see for myself. I think I can get a decent motor cheaper than what they want.

Or hook up a sprocket, chain and attach my gokart engine

I see. We have a local guy a friend told me about who rebuild electric motors. I guess he carries a lot of rebuilt ones in stock and you can just trade your bad one in for a rebuilt one. That's about the only suggestion I would have then is try to find a local guy like that in your area. Good Luck!

There is a difference between repaired and rebuilt. That difference may not be valid for this situation. It is not cost effective to rebuild a motor smaller than 5hp. That being said, a lot of motors simply need a capacitor, start switch or a bearing to work quite well. Replacing a motor is a common situation, just make sure that you get the right replacement seal and bearing. If you do use the go-kart motor, pictures are requested. Have you ever tried out for the Darwin Awards? LOL!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.