Closing after a couple days of rain?

Oct 1, 2016
PA
I'd like to close my pool this weekend, but it has been raining for a couple of days. Even though I've shocked it recently, should I wait and ensure all my chemicals are settled back down after the rain stops before I close it, or will it be ok? The water temp is below 60.

What exactly you mean by "ensure all my chemicals are settled back down after rain stops"? Your PH may be slightly affected. Once a pool is closed, depending on the cover, rain water enters the pool for quite a long time. If you have followed the closing procedures, described here on the forum, then go ahead and close your pool. Please add your signature and welcome to TFP!

Rain doesn't have nearly the affect on pool chemistry that folks think. Run your pump for an hour to mix it all in and test your water......you should find little difference and then close it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.