Coverstar Auto Cover Pricing?

mummer43

Jul 31, 2016
Lehigh Valley, PA
I'm in the process of getting bids on a new pool. Basic specs are a 20x40 gunite rectangle. We got a price for a Coverstar with an encapsulated track... $20,975. We are located in Eastern PA. Is this price reasonable? I was expecting a price in the 10k range, so this blew me away.

Markets will vary I'm sure. My coverstar was 11,500 with the pool build (16x34, with the track underneath the deck - I assume that's "encapsulated")

Basic manual switch, no wifi, sensors, or other extras.

I had to find my own electrical - can't really break that one out for you as he did the wiring for the whole build.

I am currently waiting (2 weeks and counting) on a replacement cover, though - it caught and ripped while opening after a couple of days, and now it opens crooked. PB is covering it so I assume something was installed wrong...

I'm in the process of getting bids on a new pool. Basic specs are a 20x40 gunite rectangle. We got a price for a Coverstar with an encapsulated track... $20,975. We are located in Eastern PA. Is this price reasonable? I was expecting a price in the 10k range, so this blew me away.

That's a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was above ground track coverstar (as pool is not rectangular) with cover itself in-ground, and was about 14,000. But prices can vary depending upon options selected.

Are you getting an aluminum mechanism or a stainless steel mechanism. There can be quite the difference in covers if you are not comparing apples to apples.

Also are you getting poured lids or a aluminum lid for the cover trough. Are you doing some paver deck around the cover track. There are a lot of things that can effect cover pricing.

Our Coverstar was $14,460 for 18 x 38 which is 17% smaller and over 3 years ago. Options do make a big difference. Ours is encapsulated and gunite with stone lid option and a wireless keypad (which failed after three years).
Coverstar only has one mechanism option which makes that piece easier if he only uses them.
$10K for an optioned up cover is way below market.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.