Multiport Valve-- American standard/Pentair

Sep 30, 2016
Turlock/CA
Hi folks:

I'm new here and already I've found lots of useful information. I haven't found a solution to my problem, however. I have an old American Standard multiport valve that is hexagonal shaped. Apparently American Standard sold out to or merged with Pentair. I was trying to replace the spider gasket, which I've done before, but this time I was unable to find the right size/kind at our local pool stores. After doing some research online, I found a manual and parts diagram (attached) for the Pentair 5015011, which has the same build-out and hexagonal shape as my valve.

I ordered the spider gasket from Amazon and it fits into the valve grooves appropriately, but now when I try to tighten the valve top, it doesn't seat properly (the spring compresses) and water comes shooting out the waste port even though the valve is set to filter. I'm thinking that the spider gasket may be riding higher than the old one, which causes the rotor to compress. I'm also thinking that I may be able to compensate by replacing the quad ring for the lid with a new one, which also appears to be taller.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance

Attachments

• MultiportRotaryValveOM.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 9
You need to remove all the old gasket thoroughly, then you have to glue in the new gasket ( i don't no what to suggest for an adhesive off hand, as I haven't replaced a spider gasket in years, it is to labor intensive and unpredictable as far as having a customer call back and tell me "it's leaking out of the waste port" after one week. I can plumb in a new valve quicker, and that's what I do, the same reason I buy a new printer vs replacing the cartridges type thing ) it sounds like you have unseated the gasket and pinched it, and removal to verify that is now required, before you unscrew the valve to separate it, put the valve handle in between the notches it normally sits in, if it's in filter pos. just lift it and turn it so it doesn't seat in the next notch, but between the notches, this takes off the pressure and allows it to seat higher to make it easy to reassemble. "American Products"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.