Can't get cc down

Yes, that is a fair indication. I would stop adding MPS and elevate FC to 10 ppm and see what happens. I am not familiar with the R0867 reagent. Yes, it looks like it should stop the MPS interference. There is really no need to use MPS, it doesn't do anything for you that chlorine/bleach doesn't do better.

Are you following this?
How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Do you have CYA in the tub?

My TC is at 17ppm and cc 2.5 so my FC is above 10 ppm

Yes have about 50ppm CYA ( i know i don't need this much, but it is what it is, will reduce over top ups and next fill will only raise to 30ppm)

In case this hasn't been said, I'm going to make two suggestions -

1. Stop using the MPS, it is not helping you eliminate CCs;
2. You may need to dump the tub and refill but I would use Ahhh-some to clean out the pipes...reason being - Spa Marvel

First, MPS does not neutralize CCs. This is something that the makers of Oxone™ (DuPont) will tell you. MPS has very little reaction with any of the chloramines. What MPS does is add a lot of "active oxygen" (essentially oxygen atoms from the persulfate anion that act as an excess oxidizer) to the water and that destroys bather waste (urea, creatinine, etc). So MPS destroys the building-blocks of CCs, not the actual CCs themselves. Once the CCs are present, chlorine oxidation to nitrates and nitrogen gas is the main route of removal.

Spa Marvel is a bottle full of organic enzymes (plant derived enzymes). These enzymes get trapped in the filter media (and other out of the way places in the spa plumbing) and, theoretically, they are supposed to help catalyze the oxidation reactions between dissolved oxygen in the water and the bather waste. In practice, I sincerely doubt these enzymes work very well since any amount of chlorine is going to destroy them or, at the very least, inactivate them. So it would not surprise me in the least if all of that spa marvel you added is basically acting like a constant reservoir of organic material for the chlorine to react with and form CCs.

Chlorine is all you need in the spa....everything else is just a waste a money. The MPS can be useful but only under high bather load circumstances. If it's just you and a significant other using the spa, then there's no need for the MPS.

In case this hasn't been said, I'm going to make two suggestions -

1. Stop using the MPS, it is not helping you eliminate CCs;
2. You may need to dump the tub and refill but I would use Ahhh-some to clean out the pipes...reason being - Spa Marvel

First, MPS does not neutralize CCs. This is something that the makers of Oxone™ (DuPont) will tell you. MPS has very little reaction with any of the chloramines. What MPS does is add a lot of "active oxygen" (essentially oxygen atoms from the persulfate anion that act as an excess oxidizer) to the water and that destroys bather waste (urea, creatinine, etc). So MPS destroys the building-blocks of CCs, not the actual CCs themselves. Once the CCs are present, chlorine oxidation to nitrates and nitrogen gas is the main route of removal.

Spa Marvel is a bottle full of organic enzymes (plant derived enzymes). These enzymes get trapped in the filter media (and other out of the way places in the spa plumbing) and, theoretically, they are supposed to help catalyze the oxidation reactions between dissolved oxygen in the water and the bather waste. In practice, I sincerely doubt these enzymes work very well since any amount of chlorine is going to destroy them or, at the very least, inactivate them. So it would not surprise me in the least if all of that spa marvel you added is basically acting like a constant reservoir of organic material for the chlorine to react with and form CCs.

Chlorine is all you need in the spa....everything else is just a waste a money. The MPS can be useful but only under high bather load circumstances. If it's just you and a significant other using the spa, then there's no need for the MPS.

OK finally no more cc

Drained and refilled my tub

Ta was 380 now a little low says 20 but will wait an hour see it still low

Fc 8ppm ph about 7 maybe a bit under makes sense I think given low ta

I'm not putting spa marvel in again nor the spa conditioner I'll put in borax and acid once I get everything else stable

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.