Skimmer gasket and rust

Jun 1, 2013
Huntsville AL
So my skimmers have a rust stain on the inside edge and it's starting to run down the faceplate too. I noticed the skimmers have the gasket between the skimmer and back of the pool wall.
Then manual says nothing about a gasket on the backside of pool wall.
The manual says a gasket goes behind the liner then another on top of the liner behind the faceplate. So it appears that I don't have a gasket behind the liner. Just on top behind the faceplate. I assume this may be where the rust is coming from?
Is it possible to remove the skimmer faceplate and put a gasket between the pool wall and liner?

You might get a bit more help if you post some photos showing the problem...

Depending on condition of liner, that's risky business- you will have a minimum of 12 faceplate screw penetrations to line up after. You can stick golf tees in while plate is off-- but you are best off "a&b' ing" faceplate to skimmer throat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

734D46E3-DC03-44CB-ACCB-22E78C668ACF.jpg

I have gaskets in hand I just don't want to screw it up if its gonna cause a problem when I remove the screws. I could see the epoxy working but what would happen one day when I need to remove the epoxy to change the liner out. If it can be easily removed what epoxy is best for that situation. Thanks for the comments

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.