Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help, please!? Drainbuster is stuck!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Help, please!? Drainbuster is stuck!!

Hi. I am sure there's a clog between my main drain & the skimmer basket. I tried to snake it & it got stuck. So I put the drainbuster in there, & I could see some stuff coming out of the drain, but not much. So I pushed the drainbuster down as far as I could. And now it's stuck. The water is off, it's been off for more than a few minutes, and it & the hose are stuck in there.

What do I do?????!!! If I call my pool-guy-friend he'll kill me!!!!!

Thank you for any help!!

~J
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help, please!? Drainbuster is stuck!!

Clarification....the snake didn't get stuck in there, it just couldn't go any further so I pulled it out. It's the drainbuster & hose that are stuck.

Thanks!
    13,000 IG Plaster, 2hp whisperflo pump, 48 sq in pentair DE Filter, 1 skimmer, 2 eyeball outlets, 200 sq ft solar panels on second story, Auto Pilot SWG-36, Polaris ATV Cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd try turning the water on and off several times while pulling on it when it's off.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

You mean you think we should continue to turn it on. Then off again & try again?

5. Back To Top    #5

Okay. We're doing that, and we're getting nowhere.

Someone, please help!

6. Back To Top    #6

I found the solution on a plumbers' forum. We had to disconnect the hose from the spigot, then, twist it in a clockwise direction while pulling it out of the drain. Worked like a charm!

Thank you to all who tried to help.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by judurant
    I found the solution on a plumbers' forum. We had to disconnect the hose from the spigot, then, twist it in a clockwise direction while pulling it out of the drain. Worked like a charm!

Thank you to all who tried to help.
    Glad you figured it out.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat