G3 Barracuda Hose...

RASelkirk

Jul 11, 2015
Port Neches, TX
Hi All,

I *thought* I'd finally had it with the crappy hose sections on my G3. I'm on my second cleaner in 15 years and prolly my third or fourth box of hose. For some reason, at least two or three hose sections a season will self-destruct on one end so I made adapter bushings to use a regular one-piece manual cleaner hose, but that was worse. Guess it's off to E-Bay for another box of hose...

Russ

I have the same cleaner but honestly .... I've never used it once. :) But, couldn't you opt to use a standard vacuum hose in its place? Once that's not in sections? Or did the makers of G3 design that thing so only their size will fit?

Well, it didn't fit so I made some adapter bushings so it did. The result shows in the 2nd pic, the hose twists into multiple loops and the cleaner ends up "stuck" up in one place. I guess the one-piece hose body is much lighter in construction than the sectioned hose from the mfg...

Russ

I have a similar setup using the 30' Hayward hoses, except mine never twists. I have a few of those 4' lengths, but never tried them. One end of the blue hose should say "toward vacuum," and the other end say "toward skimmer" or something to that affect, molded directly into the white & blue ends. I think my white end is skimmer & blue is toward vacuum.

It reminds me of the old days of telephone cord where the handle got twisted so much that the cord just wrapped around itself. I'm guessing in that your attempt to fix or adapt the hose, the twisty end was cut off or jammed up near the Barracuda cleaner. without that twisty end, the hose will twist up just as you see. A new hose may be in order just to get the twisty end you need.

- Dave -

If you're talking about a built-in swivel at one end, my manual hose never had one. This hose would only fit one way, as the ends are M-FM. I'll have to look at the new ones and see, my hose is prolly 20 years old and ready for a dirt nap.

Russ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.