Test Results

Aug 31, 2016
simi valley
Hello, I recently purchased a LaMontte ColorQ 11. I did this because I fired my pool guy because he was not doing what he said he was going to do and he was not truthful. Anyway My TDS and Calcium Hardness was through the roof. So I did a total drain of my pool and I have it balanced. I have taken my reading and a bottle of test water to my local Leslie's Pool Supply. My readings and Leslie's readings differ a bit and was wondering who I should trust. They said my PH was 8.0 with a demand of 3 I got 7.8. They said my Calcium Hardness was 210 Im getting 325. Who should I trust ? I checked and rechecked with my CQ11 and get consistent results.
Thanks

Welcome to TFPC! We are glad you are here. :wave:

It's too bad that you hadn't found us sooner, The LaMotte kit is not one of the ones that we recommend because of issues with calibration. We only recommend test kits with Taylor reagents like the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net or the Taylor K-2006C

The other thing is we NEVER recommend pool $tore testing. Except for metal testing and even then it's a last resort.

I would strongly recommend that you read the following pages:
Pool School - Getting Started
Pool School - Pool School
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Then come back with any questions you may have. We will be here to help you as you learn to take control of your pool care.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.