Pool Closing

pool$123

May 27, 2015
Central PA
Pool Size
I have an above ground pool and was wondering if I need to drain the pool below the scimmer? I have a plastic (almost tupperware) type piece that goes onto the scimmer opening to the pool and a plug piece for the jet return. I live in PA so we do get freezing weather in the winter.

You will probably find out that those covers have a slow leak. I still had to drain below the skimmer because of that cover leaking. I did not want a slow leak into my skimmer and ice building up over the winter and i figured with the pool being closed for about 7 monts that would add up to be alot of water leaking out of the skimmer if we didnt get a hard freeze this winter and a very wet area by the pool so i just drained to below the skimmer. I did leave that cover on just incase something would happen with the pool cover and my water level went up. I'm from w. Pa

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.