Water level at closing with Loop loc mesh cover

Jun 11, 2016
Boston, MA
Got pool closed yesterday. My PB didn't lower the water level. It is still in the mid of skimmer box. He told me he needs to make sure the first stair is covered by water. Make sense to me :)

My question is if I have to do sth over the winter, such as draining the water. Currently the water is maybe 6-7 in below the top of pool. I bet we will have more rain than that during the winter and spring.

Thanks.

If the cover is mesh or has a mesh panel, you will need to drain the pool water when it gets too high. No different than if the pool was uncovered, if it gets too full, drain some out,

If the cover is solid, you will need to drain water off of the cover. Too much water on it will pull the straps very tight and could cause them to fail.

My cover instructions require the water level to be 10" (I think it is 10, might be 12) below the top as a maximum because the cover floats on the water.

I know it is too late. But I have read a bunch of articles saying you have to lower the water level several inches below skimmer. My PB insisted you don't need that at all. He didn't do it. I started to worry that the water level should be lowered.

You could purchase a pump with a hose that can be inserted in the skimmer and probably in the pool until you reach the water level desired. Outside of this, you will have to peel back the cover by the steps and use a pump to lower the water.

BTW, the reason the water level was not lowered is because the PB does not have time to waste. If using a PB to close your pool, always lower your water first before they get there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.